Thursday, November 9, 2017

Cheers


Hi Crafty Friends,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog. Joanne Grzelak our challenge hostess for the month continues to issue the challenges.

Joanne's not sure about the rest of us, but she never seems to have enough masculine birthday cards. This week is for the guys……make a masculine card of any type….does not have to be a birthday card. 

I have to agree with Joanne on this one, I always need to make more male cards especially for birthday's. So it was good to have a challenge which made me make another one.

I have been having fun playing with Karen Burniston's new Tag Book Pop-Up die set which is being released next week. I am having so much fun that I can't stop making them!!!! If you didn't see I shared one yesterday for the Karen Burniston Designer Challenge which is below this post.

I used the new Waffle Flower Layering Woodgrain to make the background of this card ... this is a two layer stamp which allows you to make realistic woodgrain backgrounds ... wow!


To decorate the inside I added two of the Riley and Company Beer Mug Large on the two larger tags. For the centre squares I added "Cheers" and Happy Birthday" ..... I had to go searching for that "Cheers" sentiment, I am sure I have heaps but they were all hiding!


I added Nuvo Morning Dew Crystal Drops to all of the beer mugs to give it a glassy look.

When looking for ribbon to add to the tags, I found this two tone ribbon which match the colors I used on the tag book pretty well. 


For the front of the tag book, I used one of Riley and Company's Dress Up Riley images with the smaller Beer Mug.

To the left hand side of the tag book, I added the sentiment ... "Popping Up to Say" which is from the new Word Set 4 die set. I think I will be popping up to say a lot of things in the future hehehehe!

Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:


Vicky Gould
Kelly McKown-Santi



Supplies:



Stamps: Dress Up Riley Red Rubber Basic Stamps; Beer Mug Large; Beer Mug Small - Riley and Company; Layering Woodgrain - Waffle Flower; Square Sayings - Simon Says Stamp; Penguins in Paradise (Cheers) - MFT Stamps
Paper: White; Brown
Dies: Tag Book Pop-up; Word Set 4 - Karen Burniston
Other: Black Ink; Broken China Distress Oxide; Faded Jeans Distress Oxide; Ribbon; Brown Twine; Nuvo Morning Dew Crystal Drops; Foam Tape; Copics




9 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

So cute - love how you did the beer mugs and that background is fabulous!

Liz Williams said...

Oh wow, this is so unique and wonderful, Frances. You just amaze me!!

Lois said...

You and Joanne were on the same wavelength for today's challenge. You should toast each other with a glass of beer! Love your card.

MiamiKel said...

OH Cheers! What a terrific fold and this just bursts with color and fun!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Love your fold with the cheers/beers image!!

Karen (karey2005) said...

LLLLove this!

jojot said...

an absolutely amazing fancy fold card.....with a fab masculine theme....guess we were both thinking of 'beer'

Vicky Gould said...

Absolutely, positively a perfect masculine card...what a neat job you did, Frances!

Lynn McAuley said...

Computer issues kept me away last week so I just had to check in today to see what a missed!! What a masculine show-stopper, Frances!! How remarkable!!