Thursday, January 4, 2018

Waddle we do in 2018?


Hi Crafty Friends,

It's challenge time with my friends over on the CCEE Stampers challenge blog.  Being a brand new month and a brand new year, it's time to introduce our new challenge hostess which is Liz Williams. 

I am excited to be back for another year of fun challenges with my CCEE Stamper friends.

“Waddle we do in 2018?” Use a penguin or other animal that loves the cold.

I had a different penguin options I could have used for this challenge. I had planned to do one thing that I had purchased recently, until I got another penguin related item. And then that all changed when I was watching the video of Lawn Fawn's Woodland Critter Huggers die set which allows you to make at least 6 different animals - a fox, owl, squirrel, raccoon, deer, chipmunk. While I was watching the video I thought it would also be fun to tun this critter into a penguin, and as this die set had already been ordered and on it's way I decided to use that for the challenge.

All I had to do to turn the Woodland Critter Huggers die set into a penguin was to cut the ears off. 


This card is fairy smallish measuring 2 1/4 inches x 3 3/4 inches when folded.

I added a sentiment to the inside of the arms which is hidden when the card is fully closed with the penguins arms folded.

I also added an ice-cream to the penguins arms which helps to hid the sentiment banner when the arms are folded.

The sentiment is from one of the other sets that I was originally planning to use for this challenge.


I attached my penguin to a folded card and then added a birthday sentiment. This sentiment is from the first stamp set I had planned to use. So in the end each one of the items I had thought about using got to be used.

Don't forget to check out the CCEE Stampers blog (goes live 12 AM EST) to see the rest of the creations the CCEE Stampers created this week. You can also see more details of their creations on their individual blogs:





Stamps: Sweet Friends - Lawn Fawn; Penguin Pals - Uniquely Creative; Winter Warmers - Hunkydory (Magazine Freebie)
Paper: White; Black; Orange; Pink
Dies: Woodland Critter Huggers; Everyday Sentiment Banners - Lawn Fawn
Other: Black Ink; White Gel Pen; Morning Dew Nuvo Crystal Drops; Velcro Dots


9 comments:

MiamiKel said...

Oh Your penguin card giving big hugs is just too cute! I love the idea being having a die cut penguin - very creative. The white gel pen and stamping really stands out!

Lynn McAuley said...

Love this sensational shape card with its hidden message!! So great for winter birthdays!!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

What a terrific little card! I love that penguin holding the cuppie, then opening his arms with a big wish! Happy 2018 mf.

Lois said...

Your penguin is adorable with his little birthday cupcake. And who would love to be hugged by a penguin!!!

Vicky Gould said...

That happy face just makes me smile! Sooooo dang cute, Frances!

Liz Williams said...

Oh my goodness, this is the cutest penguin ever. Love how his little flippers flip out with that message. Love your cards, Frances.

jojot said...

This could not be any cuter....very creative

Maryann said...

Fabulous adaption of the woodland critter into the Penguin. ***** 5 stars for inventiveness.

Karen Aicken said...

EEEEEEK - this is adorable. So clever!