Sunday, April 1, 2018

Thinking of You


Hi Crafty Friends and Happy Easter!

Today I am sharing two cards I created recently using the Distress Oxide Water Painting technique that Jennifer McGuire shared on her blog last month. You can see her blog post here


For my cards, I used W Plus 9's Beautiful Bouquet Clear Stamp set which I stamped onto my white cardstock using VersaMark ink and then embossed using white embossing powder.

I covered the entire piece of cardstock using Candied Apple & Abandoned Coral Distress Oxide inks. I then used a water brush pen to remove the ink from the flower petals and leaves, dabbing the area after applying the water.

Once I had removed the color from the flowers I using the water brush pen to apply color in a watercolor fashion using Squeezed Lemonade Distress Oxide ink to the flower areas and Twisted Citron Distress Oxide ink to the leaves.


For the sentiment I used the "Thinking of You" sentiment from Concord & 9th's Fabulous Phrases die set.

To finish off the front of the card I added White Nuvo Crystal Drops.


For the inside of the card I added one of the sentiments from the Dahlia Turnabout stamp set also by Concord and 9th and stamped a portion of the flower that was stamped on the front of the card in one corner using red ink.


Supplies:



Stamps: Beautiful Bouquets - W Plus 9; Dahlia Turnabout - Concord & 9th
Paper: White; Black
Dies: Fabulous Phrases - Concord & 9th
Other: VersaMark Ink; Abandoned Coral Distress Oxide; Candied Apple Distress Oxide; Squeezed Lemonade Distress Oxide; Twisted Citron Distress Oxide; White Embossing Powder; Nuvo White Crystal Drops

2 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Such an stunning effect - well done!

jojot said...

cool technique