Tuesday, May 1, 2018

May 2018 Karen Burniston Designer Challenge


Hi Crafty Friends,

Welcome to our May Karen Burniston Designer Challenge.

Check out Karen Burniston's blog on Wednesday (US Time) when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month, plus Karen will have an amazing video tutorial to share with us all.

Our challenge theme this month is .... "PARADISE"


I thought "Paradise" might be an island destination. I used Karen Burniston's Palm Tree Pop-up die set to create this fun beach themed pop-up card.

I started with a piece of white cardstock which I colored using Catherine Pooler's Shea Butter ink. I then created the palm tree pop-up placing this in the centre of the card. I added two extra palm trees on either side of the main palm tree to give it extra depth.

To the front of the palm trees I added the cute Stamping Bella Tropical Squidgies images ... this is the smaller image of the two that comes in the set.


I used the Tropical Scene die set to create the ocean on both edges of my card, sponging on Salty Ocean Distress Oxide to each piece and spritz with water from a Distress Sprayer.

I added the cute little swimmer which is from Stamping Bella's The Littles Palm Tree set, this set also had the pineapple and coconut drink which I thought worked well with the image in front of the palm tree, so I added a few of those to the card. I also added a few shell die cuts which are also from the Tropical Scene die set.

I added the Happy Birthday sentiment to the front portion of the inside of the card.



Here is an overhead shot of my card so you can see the complete inside of the card at the one time. As you can see on the back ocean panel I added a shark and crab both from the Sea Animals die set. I couldn't resist giving the crab a pina colada to hold in it's claw haha!


I also used the middle sized label from the Katherine Label Pop-up die set for the sentiment.




Here is a short video showing my card in action.


For the front of the card I created my beach scene using dies from the Tropical Scene, and the individual palm tree from the Palm Tree Pop-up die set. 

This time around I added the larger of the squidgies from the Stamping Bella  Tropical Squidgies stamp set.

To finish the card I added the "Hooray" from the Words Set 4 - Just a Note die set.

Don't forget to visit Karen Burniston's blog on Wednesday when you will be able to see what all the designers created for the challenge this month.


Supplies:


Stamps: Tropical Squidgies; The Littles Palm Tree Set - Stamping Bella
Paper: White; Red; Brown; Green
Catherine Pooler Inks: Shea Butter; Garden Party
Other: Foam Tape; Copics

4 comments:

Karen Aicken said...

Soooo cute and I love the bright yellow you included. Such a happy card.

Arlene W. said...

France's, your beach babes are so adorable and made me smile. I like how you added ocean to both ends! Awesome job!

jojot said...

LOVE...LOVE....LOVE

Cindy said...

That cute little couple is the perfect addition to your scene.